Tuesday, July 11, 2006

RISE

Karen and I went to Finsbury Park for the Rise Festival, featuring a free concert and carnival ride fun, to promote racial unity and diversity. Cool acts like The Wailers, the Buzzcocks, and Common performed. A comedy tent was alive and out of control and so were the DJs who kept on playing various reggaeton sounding remixes. It was super fun!! So many people! So much food! Karen and I split a chocolate syrup and banana crepe while lazing about on the grass like the thousands of others. Families were in attendance, punks, hippies, hip hop heads, and everything in-between.


Check out that crowd!


Common takes the stage!!

Karen is obviously excited to see Common. And, I must say, the girl definitely put her back into it once 'Go!' came on.

Common jumped the stage to join us little people watching him in the pit!!! Seriously, dudes, he was a couple yards away from us. Squeeeeaaaaaalllll!!! He was so handsome and agile!

By 8 o' clock...


Police on horsies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home