Sunday, June 18, 2006

It's Pronounced Maude-lin Not Mag-dalene

On Saturday, Flat A coached in on over to Oxford. The ride was about an hour and a half. AIR CONDITIONING TOO! There are 30+ colleges in Oxford so it's very much a college town. Sadly, we weren't able to get in the Great Hall (where they filmed parts of Harry Potter), let alone any of the colleges. I think this was because final exams and graduation were in process. Learned that it's best to go during the term instead of at the end. Well, now we know! We didn't go punting either cos it was quite pricey but, nonetheless, I had relaxing time. The abundance of bicycle riders and bicycles - many with attached baskets - has inspired me to bike it once in D.C. It's much more interesting to explore the city when you've got a ride that can get you into the stickiest of situations.

Oxford Uni





The front of the University Church of St. Mary the Virgin. Although it's known as the Uni's church and is traditionally Catholic, they welcome everyone!


One of the prettiest churches I've ever seen. It's small and quite intimate compared to the other churches I've seen so far.


Climbing the church tower.


Views from the top.






Some Oxford dudes smoking cigs and making conversation. Note: the smart-looking garb!


This guy's aching for peace.


Tower architecture.


PUNTING.


Nature in the Uni's botanical garden.








This picture was inspired by an older gentleman who posed earlier for a picture of himself wrapping his arms over tree branches, as if he was laying (or is it lying...???) upright in the trees. I stole his style.


Karen doesn't find Mallory particularly funny.


We love nature.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home