Greenwich
Karen, Mallory, and I left for Greenwich mid-morning on Monday. Definitely one of the highlights of my stay. Lunchtime went to a pubby restaurant type deal and got a burger, chips, and beer/soda meal for a sweet deal at three pounds 99! And, man, was it delicious. I haven't had meat in such a long time. My body's been craving the meat. Really, I just want to nosh on eggs and bacon.
But back to Greenwich.
Took the Tube to Tower Hill and got a lovely view of the Tower of London. Dudes, it was right across the street!

Then took the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) to Cutty Sark.

Being silly.



Navigation dude.

National Maritime Museum - One of the best museums I've ever been to. Had artifacts from Titanic and other sunken ships as well as exhibits on the the history and progress of seafaring, astronomy, and navigation. The brains it took for people to come up with this stuff is insane!

Lots of space

Queen's House - its architecture inspired the design for the White House.


I couldn't resist! The colorrrssssss.

The Royal Obervatory is at the top of the hill! I wish we could've looked through the jumbo telescopes. Insane to think we were in the same rooms Newton and Flamstead were in when they were charting the stars and exploring the galaxies. I love this place!

The Millenium Dome is to your right.

Standing on both sides of the Prime Meridian!
But back to Greenwich.
Took the Tube to Tower Hill and got a lovely view of the Tower of London. Dudes, it was right across the street!

Then took the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) to Cutty Sark.

Being silly.



Navigation dude.

National Maritime Museum - One of the best museums I've ever been to. Had artifacts from Titanic and other sunken ships as well as exhibits on the the history and progress of seafaring, astronomy, and navigation. The brains it took for people to come up with this stuff is insane!

Lots of space

Queen's House - its architecture inspired the design for the White House.


I couldn't resist! The colorrrssssss.

The Royal Obervatory is at the top of the hill! I wish we could've looked through the jumbo telescopes. Insane to think we were in the same rooms Newton and Flamstead were in when they were charting the stars and exploring the galaxies. I love this place!

The Millenium Dome is to your right.

Standing on both sides of the Prime Meridian!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home