Saturday, July 01, 2006

L'Espagne

Date: 24 June - 27 June
Location: Jerez de la Frontera, El Puerto de Sta. Maria, Rota, SPAIN
Description: Couldn't have been better
Highlights: Hanging out with Vane, meeting Vane's family, Adrien Brody

First day in Spain drinking my first cup of cafe con leche.


We drank tinto and had tapas while watching flamenco dancers in Jerez.


Rota! Spent the entire Sunday afternoon bumming on the beach.


Vane and me


Our makeshift home on the beach complete with striped umbrella!


I want to say this is the Atlantic, but to be quite honest I'm not sure!


Oh, blue...


I could definitely get used to this.


This little one crawled across the sand to the showers and reminded us of a little sandcrab. He was smiling the whole way through and had the longest lashes I had ever seen.


Courtyard adjacent to the church, Rota


The colors are so bright and bold on the buildings here in Rota. I love the color combos. The style reminds me very much of home.


Tio Pepe bodega - the sherry process, Jerez


Overlooking the city of Jerez


The famous bull


Cutting ham in Vane's kitchen. Yes, that is a raw (but cured!) ham leg!! YUM.


Italian restaurant in Puerto. Trying to play it cool on the outside, but was a bit shaky on the inside cos Adrien Brody was sitting two tables away from us (to the right)!


Vane was nervous beyond belief, "Oh, my gosh, GEN, he was in The Jacket!"


But we sucked it up and managed to ask him for a picture. He kindly obliged and then fled off into the night, back to the set to film the upcoming 'Manolete.' Notice my clenched fists and Vane's overly pursed lips. Clearly, we're going to explode from excitement.


What a way to cap off my last night in Spain! Oh, Adrien...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home